It is no longer possible to apply for this job.
The China Cultural Center in Brussels is looking for an enthusiastic full-time Assistant Event Manager to help sharing Chinese culture through a wide variety of events and activities.
- Receiving, sorting and evaluating the various cooperation propositions sent to the center
- Supporting the creation and development of events and activities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local partners, via phone calls and emails face to face meetings
- Supporting marketing and promotion for all activities and events including the creation and translation of content, writing invitations, website articles, speeches and other event-related material
- Welcoming and assisting Chinese and European delegations;
- Hosting and moderating the various events, which involves being on the stage and addressing a large audience through microphone
- Translating speeches (English – Chinese – English)
- Writing event related news articles and managing the translations
- Organising the Chinese Movie Nights programme and managing the related communication (website articles/translation)
- Sharing all the necessary information and coordinating with the extended internal team to ensure the smooth running of the center
- Support other team members with their duties when necessary
- Master Degree, or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written English language skills (proficient, Minimum C1)
- Deep knowledge of Chinese culture with a good conduct in Chinese (Minimum A2)
- Proficient in MS office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills when dealing by telephone, in writing and face to face with contacts and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to present confidently to a range of audiences
- Substantial experience of interacting with people of different cultures and backgrounds and an appreciation of the issues which may arise from this.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent team player
- Experience in studying/working in China
- Dutch or/and French is considered a strong asset
- Positive and can-do mindset with a strong sense of humour
Note that for this position, according to events and activities, working evenings and weekends may also be required. To apply please send a CV and covering letter in English to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is the 15th of October 2017. Interviews will take place at the China Cultural Center in Brussels during the second half of October and will be conducted in both English and Chinese.